Friday 18 June 2010

Thanks to BT for getting back on line!

Yes, well, it's a shame there was a huge fault in the first place, but we're none of us perfect, are we? & at least they fixed it so only half a day was lost. Of course, if it had been a day for going into work, I'd have been more organised (?) & got the post in before the Crash, but I'm here now, there's no point in crying over spilt milk (I hate it when people say that, I do like a good moan, just sometimes!)

So yesterday's card was from Dot at dotslifeandart over in Victoria, Australia. This is another exquisite card that leapt out of the envelope with an explosion of color. It's felt, with thousands of embelished embelishments, beads, buttons sequins, & yes, more lovely love! There are delicious remnants of fabric & yarns tucked in to a soft surface using millions of tiny hand stitches. I don't exagerate!



I am flabbergasted, thank you.



This mornings card was from Maggi at to dream to stitch from down in Derbyshire, UK. This card is another stunning creation! Beautiful silks, gauzy bits & embelished, with lovely hand stitching leading me, I feel, deep into the peaceful hills.

The two cards have that brilliant emerald green in common!



"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it" Hopeful words, indeed.

I am full of admiration, thank you.

Incredibly, more fell out of the envelope, should I or should I not, wait? That would be silly ;)



Look at these delectable things! Lovely silky hand dyed fabric with all these fabulous beads.I'll tell you what I think they are - on the left, Tyvek, below, stitched felt, above friendly plastic & above those, air dried clay all with beautiful stitches, colors & textures. These are fabulous, I feel an amazing piece of art to wear coming on with these extra pieces! Thank you so much.


What amazes me, with all of the wonderful cards & presents  I have received, is the level of time, care, & yes, love that has gone into them all.
 I really didn't think it would be as good as this.

13 comments:

Jill said...

How truly wonderful, not only have you received so many lovingly made pieces of artwork you have a library of inspiration and a fabulous collection of materials to work with.

Heloise said...

Amazing! Both beautiful, I love all the wild colours of Dot's piece and the calmness of Maggi's. Wish I could satin stitch around the edge of my work like that. Shall look forward to seeing what you make with the beads.

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

well emma words fail me this time... i am amazed at all this talent ju x

Mail Art Dramas said...

seeing those lovely colors and wonderful gifts makes it hard to face my mail box today. it will seem dull to pull out junk mail and the dreded bills!

so nice to flollow along and see such talent I would have otherwise missed.
jill

Ro Bruhn said...

More lovely work. I'm also the proud owner of a couple of pieces of Dot's art, they are truly amazing.

Linda Vincent said...

I can recognise a 'Dot work of art' anywhere!! Its fabulous!!
And Maggi's card is so serene and beautiful....you are such a lucky girl Emma.

Crissi Harvey said...

oh wow amazing art works and colourful eye candy

Anonymous said...

Wow, gorgeous, lucky you, see there are good things about turning 50 after all!!!!! xox Corrine

Julie said...

Both of these cards are stunningly beautiful in different ways. Maggi's card is dreamlike and peaceful and speaks to me of landscape and Dot's is wonderful, such a celebration of colour and gorgeous details. You are so lucky to have these beautiful works of art. :o)

Dot said...

I am so happy you like the card I made for you Emma! Thankyou for your lovely words about my small piece of art. I loved stitching away fom you and glad it made it safe and sound across the waves!
And Maggi's card is gorgeous . Love the simplicity and stillness of it.
Would you mind sending me a jpg of the photo you took of my postcard? I forgot to take a photo before I posted it to you.
So, so pleased you are receiving such lovely gifts and postcards - a big yay for you!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you liked the card Emma. Almost right on the beads - Fimo not friendly plastic.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful postcards Emma. I have an embellished bird of Dot's. Her work is exquisite. Such attention to detail.

Jan said...

Oh my, it is enough to make one want to turn 50 all over again! These are simply fabulous.